Mother & Child Health Services
The maternal and Child Health (MCH), also known as mother and child care section supports a broad away of programs to improve the availability of, and access to high quality preventive and primary health care for all children and for the reproductive health care of all women and their partners, regardless of their ability to pay.
In SMCCH, the MCH section has the following priorities.
- Improve access to needed healthcare services for all populations.
- Decrease unintentional injury.
- Improve access to standardized developmental / social / emotional screening, assessment and follow-up for children and adolescents.
- Decrease the use to abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other substance among youth, pregnant women and families.
- Improve access to mental health services.
- Increase family support and access to trained respite and childcare providers.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: SMCCH has well trained specialists that take care of pregnant women, the unborn baby, labour and delivery and the immediate period following childbirth. The hospital also has certified gyneacologists that takes care of any ailment concerning the reproductive organs, also treat related problems in the bowel, bladder, and urinary system.
- Paediatrics: The hospital also has a peadiatrician who provides not only medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill but also preventive health services for healthy children and works closely with other medical specialists and health care professionals and subspecialties of paediatrics to help children with problem.
- Antenatal Care (ANC): SMCCH ensures that special care is being provided by skilled health –care professionals to pregnant women and adolescent girls in order to ensure the best health conditions for both mother and baby during pregnancy.
- Family Planning: SMCCH renders family planning services which allows people to attain their desired number of children and determine the spacing of pregnancies which is achieved through the use of contraceptive methods and the treatment of fertility.